CLOSING DATE - 19th October 2016
This is a job for someone who loves craft beer in all its forms and is excited by the opportunity to take a leading role in developing our brand and telling our story to the UK and around the world.
At Fyne Ales you are going to have a lot of material to work with. Yes - we've got lots of exciting new beers coming through. Yes - we like to do great beer launches and tap take-overs. Yes - we're always delighted when we win prizes. Yup - we love to push the boundaries on collaboration brews with our friends. But at Fyne Ales we have a lot more story than that to tell.
- One site, two breweries, two very different stories. We recently invested over £2m in one of the most capable British style craft brewhouses in the UK. Our goal here is to produce some of the best examples of the core styles that are available in the UK. In the new brewery it's all about constantly improving the flavour, and being consistently excellent.
- The originial farmhouse brewery is all about creativity and experimentation, and we have great plans that will really double down on these. We plan to use this brewery to produce beers that really have a sense of provenance and place that is unique to Fyne Ales. That means we have just ordered a coolship and a set of wine barrels, so look out for some spontaneously fermented / lambic style beers coming through. Look out for a lot more barrel finished beers, and look out for beers that play with fruits and foraged herbs.
- We have a great brewery tap and thousands of visitors come each year to see what makes Fyne Ales different. We're on a working farm with our own herd of Highland Cattle, we're just starting a deer farm, and we have a salmon river that we have been restocking over the last 10 years running past the brewery. This sense of place is really important to us, and we're very proud of our 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor.
- Then there's FyneFest. One of the UK's more notable beer festivals that really puts the Festival back into Beer Festival. Every June sees about 2,500 people come up to the brewery for the weekend with 150 of the best beers we can find, 2 stages of music and a great selection of food. With a friendly campsite and a great crowd FyneFest has developed a great reputation and we need to keep developing it.
If all of that sounds like a story you could enjoy telling, and you are up for the challenge of getting as many people as possible knowing about and drinking Fyne Ales then we would love to hear from you. You are going to need to be confident:
- Updating our websites and writing blog pieces
- Communicating on all the main social media platforms
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Working with the brewing team and sales team on the new beer development programmes
- Working with our designers to develop new labels, point of sale and other visual materials
The role is full time - but it could be 100% located at the brewery, or split part working from the brewery and part from a desk in Glasgow or Edinburgh for instance. We're offering a competitive salary and membership of our profit share scheme for the right person.
We're looking for someone who can write really well, who has a great visual sense and is seriously into the best of the craft beer world. If you have previous experience in craft beer, or marketing a similar product, that's a plus. You definitely need to be a good team player, but happy to take the initiative and work independently. We're looking for someone who likes to work hard, but who also wants to enjoy working in a great place with a great team, while promoting some great beers.
So if you are interested then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are the right person for the job. Please include a CV and let us know your current salary or salary expectations, but mostly we are interested in hearing from you why you think you are the right person for the role.