Every year our friends and neighbours at Loch Fyne Oysters put on the fantastic Loch Fyne Food Fair in the fields next to their restaurant in Cairndow. Fyne Ales will be there again this year serving up our own beers and cider from Cornish Orchards.
There will be a great range of local food producers as well as plenty of produce from Loch Fyne Oysters themselves. This year will also see a Whisky Connections tent make an appearance, featuring demonstrations and talks exploring new and traditional links between food and whisky.
Live Music throughout both days will keep you entertained: Saturday starts off with the Dunoon Grammar School Pipe Band, followed by John Renton and friends. The afternoon features Sweet Heart Revue from Glasgow and local favourites Dr. Hip and the Blues Operation.
The Loch Fyne Food Fair runs from 11am – 6pm on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th May. Admission is free with parking at £3 per vehicle.
Celtic Cook Off 2014
Loch Fyne Oysters are also hosting a unique event in their restaurant between the best chefs in the Celtic Regions, on Saturday 17th of May in the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar from 7pm.
Established in West Cork, this is a fun fast-paced competition between six top chefs from the Celtic Nations. Showcasing the finest produce, chefs compete in front of a live audience and judging panel. This is the first time the event has been held outside of Ireland.
Each chef prepares three plates of their chosen dish, within a half hour time limit, using food from local artisan producers plus one wild card ingredient from their own territory.
Judging panels comprise two tables of two judges, each chosen from chefs, bloggers, journalists and food producers plus two members of the audience.
This year's chefs are:
- Tom Lewis of the award-winning Monachyle Mhor in the Trossachs for Scotland.
- Mark Devonshire who lectures at Cornwall College and has run Rick Stein's Padstow School previously.
- Breton Restauranteur, Eric Theze who runs the Michelin recognised La Boheme in Waterford.
- Frankie Mallon for Ireland from An Port Mor in Westport.
- Tony Quirk who runs L'Experience on the Isle of Man.
- Gareth Johns from the Wynnstay Hotel in Wales, who is a past member of the Welsh National Culinary Team and is a Master Chef of Great Britain.
Tickets are £25.00 per person for Champagne and Light Buffet.
Under 18's, £20 per person for Soft Drink and Light Buffet
To book email email@example.com or tel: 01499 600487
Find out more info about The Loch Fyne Food Fair and Celtic Cook Off here.